Guitar Acoustic: Les Paul Special w P90's and Case in VA Beach for $550

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Les Paul Special w P90's and Case in VA Beach for $550

Okay, I have to admit I have been on a Gibson kick lately.  I've been tracking Specials and SG's all over the place and I actually bought two Les Pauls in the last two weeks.   I guess because the prices are coming down due to the crappy economy. Anyway, here is one of these "glossy Cherry" Les Paul Specials with the P90's - it is $550 which may not sound cheap but I see them for $700 + all the time and this one includes a nice hardcase.   I am contemplating this one myself but I am really on the hunt for a 1974 Gibson '55 reissue Special which is really da bomb.  Sorry but no pic on the listing.

Oh and if that is a "real" vintage aluminumn tailpiece - Wow!   I mean some unfinished 1959 Les Paul Jr. owner is gonna hunt you down and jump you in an alley for it.

I know what you are thinking: What happened to Jim??? I thought he was mister $200 vintage guitar..? - well I am still trying to cap my guitar purchases at $1K but so many people ae clearing out their "retirement collections" right now that I am thinking it may be a good time to supplement my wood and metal 401K.

Very few people ever bought a Gibson guitar for $500 and lived to regret it.  (Note: That said, I still hate the sound of a PAF humbucking pickup - blech, so bland - give me single coils, Dirty Fingers or P90's anyday.)  
*******************************************

Gibson USA Les Paul Special - $550 (Suffolk/VA Beach)


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2010-05-07, 5:28PM EDT

Reply to: sale-g44rt-1729723885@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Les Paul Special,cherry gloss finish,2 P-90 pickups,vintage aluminum tailpiece,excellent condition with SKB transport case(150.00 new). 757-274-2766 Nelson $ 550.00 firm.

•Location: Suffolk/VA Beach

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1729723885

No comments:

Post a Comment