Guitar Acoustic: National Glenwood 99 in Corvallis OR for $500 - SOLD!! (Alas, I didn't get it)

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

National Glenwood 99 in Corvallis OR for $500 - SOLD!! (Alas, I didn't get it)


Update:  This guitar lwas only onthe market for a few hours - it was listed for sale by a charity Second Hand store in the Corvallis. OFR area - and I spoke to the seller and was 2nd in line but a local buyer showed up with $500 cash in hand and away it went.   Amazing, nice score for someone on this one - what a find.

********************************

I am not linking to the listing because I am trying to land this one myself but check out this Valco made Glenwood 99 Map Guitar - this one is the solid German Carve body not the more common Reso fiberglas model.  It even comes with the original case which is cool b/c these certainly are a weird shape to fit.

The guitar has a regular dot inlaid neck so it is either a rarity or the neck has been replaced.  Most Glenwoods have ornately split diamond block inlays on their bound necks. There is also some type of extra pickup with a pair of controls in the photo that looks like it may be a DeArmond "monkey's paw" archtop pickup.  I am trying to sort this out as well - hopefully the bridge piezo pickup is still operational.

I am trying to score this guitar right now for under $1K from a seller who knows it is rare and fairly expensive but who is just trying to move it for a reasonable price quickly.  It's a long shot but I am trying.

- Jim C

No comments:

Post a Comment